Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Plan, planning, planner,

I became a planner, many many years ago. At the ripe old age of 10 years old, I planned my wedding, my house, my baby shower, and EVERYTHING...... However, I vividly remember planning my house out of the Sears catalog.  I would cut out each little thing I liked and put it on the page for which it would be used.  

I never really knew why I did that or what made me want to even do that.  However, I cut and glued many many items;  furniture, textiles for the rooms, and kitchens, the tools I needed, the pots and pans, etc.  

So when I daydreamed about my adult kitchen..... or bedroom.  I had a visual of what that was.  It was easier to believe it could happen if I had something to visualize.   It was a vision board of sorts.  

fast forward many years later, when I bought my first house I did the same thing except on a different scale.  I had a binder with paint colors, room measurements, and must-haves.  Once I started collecting furniture and items, this made it easier to plan.  

It has been 11 years since I planned to decorate a new house.  Praise Jesus, I am planning decor for a new house for Scott and I.  I am ecstatic for us to have a house together.  I just cannot wait to have a house that we furnish together.  So these days I find myself with a notebook and a pencil drawing out rooms and placing my furniture.  This time I am trying to remember what I have in storage and what I have that is boxed up.  

However, I am super happy to be embarking on this new journey with Scott.  We both need something happy after the past couple of years.   So we are praying that this is our chance at a life created for us by us and BLESSED by God.  

So if you see me in Walmart with my measuring tape, binder, pencils, and calculator, it is just me doing my planning without the Sears catalog.  

If you see Scott in Lowes looking confused, just realize that I sent him a detailed list that makes no sense.  

Anyhow, for now, we are eternally grateful for the wonderful family and friends who have been the catalyst for this move.  Thank you very much.  We need a fresh start.  I cannot wait to start decorating and planning a housewarming party.  :)  For those friends that we won't live next to any longer.  You wonderful people are the salt of the earth and Scott and I will do anything we can for any of you.  Don't worry we arent going very far.  So, we expect you to visit us once we get everything put together.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment